WaterSaver E800 “Multiplex” electrical fixtures are unique in the laboratory industry. They are the only electric pedestal fixtures that combine power, data and communication outlets into a single fixture. By combining multiple outlets into a single housing, counter space is maximized and installation costs are minimized. These fixtures provide laboratory designers, engineers and users with an unprecedented degree of versatility and flexibility.
Multiplex fixtures have a single cast aluminum exterior shell. The interior space is seperated into four separate quadrants by interior metal partitions. The metal partitions prevent interference between power and data lines. The partitions may be added and removed in the field to configure the pedestal box as required. Each quadrant has a threaded inlet for connecting conduit and bringing wiring into the quadrant. In addition, quadrants may be combined to facilitate wiring. Therefore, each box may be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Without any interior partitions, the box has a single interior space and can be used for four outlets of the same type (for example, four power outlets).
- With two partitions, the box can be divided front/back or left/right. Power outlets can be installed on one side and data/communication outlets on the other side.
- With four partitions, the box is divided into four interior sections. Each section may be used for a different service, so four different outlets can be installed in the box.
Ordering Information for Multiplex Electrical Fixtures
When ordering Multiplex electrical fixtures, the pedestal box, outlets and face plates must be ordered separately. Therefore, please proceed as follows:
- Specify the finish for the pedestal box, as follows:
- Wrinkle black epoxy powder-coated finish (E800WS).
- Satin (brushed) aluminum finish (E800SA-WS).
- Polished (bright) aluminum finish (E800PB-WS).
- Select the outlets required from those shown below. Generally, four outlets will be required. Unless otherwise specified, outlets are furnished in black.
- Select the face plates required from below. Generally, two face plates will be required. Specify the finish for the face plates, as follows:
- Satin (brushed) finish (SA)
- Polished (bright) finish (PB)
20 Amp, 125V
20 Amp, 125V
Cat 5 T568B Duplex
Blank Face Plate
GFI Face Plate
Duplex / GFI Face
Duplex / Blank Face
GFI / Blank Face